- Darien's Sept. 11 memorial service (from an announcement sent out by Phil Kraft): "Following tradition, the Darien Monuments and Ceremonies Commission will observe 9/11 on Wednesday, Sept. 11 at 8:30 a.m. at the 9/11 Memorial located behind Middlesex Middle School, 204 Hollow Tree Ridge Rd. Roses will be placed and a moment of silence will be observed at 8:46 a.m., the time the first plane struck the Tower on September 11, 2001. The public is welcome. The Office of the Board of Selectmen will be inviting leaders of all of Darien's First Response team: police, our three fire departments, and EMS Post 53."
- Who wouldn't want a 2013 BMW (even to sell it)? "St John's Parish is raffling off a 2013 BMW. Tickets are $100, and only 1,000 tickets will be sold. Ticket may be purchased after all Masses or in the Rectory Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Drawing will be held Sat. Oct 19 at 8 p.m." -- an announcement on Darien Patch
- Are you a beginning Spanish speaker? Intermediate? Are you looking to
use your Spanish speaking skills on a regular basis? Sybil Taccone, a Spanish instructor with several Connecticut school systems, will begin a Spanish Conversation class Wednesday, Sept. 11 at 12:30 p.m. Sybil will host fun conversations in Spanish -- she will provide corrections to vocabulary, and verb tense. The class will not have an instructional tone. It is a class that will be fun and enjoyable. The class will be 10 weeks long. We will offer an additional 10 week class in the spring. Cost: $5 per class." -- an announcement on Darien Patch.
- "Pursue your interest in marine animals – and share your knowledge and enthusiasm with others – by becoming a member of the volunteer staff at The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk. [...] Prior knowledge about marine animals isn't necessary to be a Maritime Aquarium volunteer. That's what will be taught in a four-week training course, which will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 to 9 p.m. beginning on Thurs., Oct. 3. You must be at least 15 years old to sign up. Volunteer shifts are four hours long. Volunteers work a minimum of four shifts per month for weekday staff, and two or three shifts per month for those with weekend availability. [...] Interviews for potential volunteers will be held on Thurs., Sept. 19 and Tues., Sept. 24, on both days at 5 & 7 p.m. (You need attend only one.) Advance registration is required for the interview sessions and volunteer training course. To sign up or for more information, email volunteers@MaritimeAquarium.org or call (203) 852-0700, ext. 2225." -- from an announcement sent out by the Maritime Aquarium.
- "Dear future Fashionistas, Please visit our design during OPEN HAUSE EVENT- Sept. 11. We are located inside of the most fashionable train station: South Norwalk Train Station on the New Haven side in a historical building. We would love to introduce you to our state of ART facility where future designers are born. Our instructors are professors from the best Fashion Colleges in NYC. We love what we do, come to share our passion to beauty! See our website or call Wendy at (203) 345-0030 to RSVP." -- from an announcement on Patch