- "The Great Gatsby", the latest movie to be made based on the novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald, will be shown at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Darien Library.
- Speaking of Fitzgerald and local libraries: "This Thursday [...] New Canaan Library is hosting its annual fundraising Literary Luncheon event with featured guest speaker Therese Anne Fowler. The lunch takes place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Woodway Country Club [...] Fowler is the author of Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald, and looks at the life of Zelda, and her husband F. Scott Fitzgerald, [...] a "charismatic, brilliant and mercurial," couple, according to the New Canaan Library." -- from an article on Darien Patch
- This week: Members of the Darien YMCA (not nonmembers) are welcome to take a complimentary climb on the Y's new rock wall from 9 to 11 a.m. this [...] Thursday. The Y is also selling climb times for adults and children. See the Darien YMCA website for details.
- Thursday through Sunday: "Want to close out summer with a splash? Amphibious boat rides, meet & greets with Deadliest Catch captain Johnathan Hillstrand, paddlesports and interactive on-water activities are among the many unique attractions cruising into the 2013 Progressive Insurance Norwalk Boat Show. A favorite among boating and outdoor enthusiasts, the four-day event offers a wide array of events and experiences for visitors of all ages.
- Friday: "An AARP Drivers Safety Class will be held at Norwalk Community College. This four-hour class is intended for Connecticut seniors. Certificates will be provided to attendees for discounts on their auto insurance. Please call 203-837- 7080 for info and to register." -- event listing on Norwalk Patch.
- "Pursue your interest in marine animals – and share your knowledge and
enthusiasm with others – by becoming a member of the volunteer staff at
The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk. Interviews
for potential volunteers will be held on Thursday, Sept. 19 and Tuesday,
Sept. 24, on both days at 5:00 & 7:00 p.m. (You need attend only
one.)" -- from an article published by Norwalk Patch