What's about and what to find out in our area for Wednesday, Oct. 2:
- Successful Study Skills 4 Students (S4) will run a study skills workshop for all area students in grades 6 through 8. Classes will be held on five Wednesdays: Oct. 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30 from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m. at the Stamford Jewish Community Center at 1035 Newfield Ave., Stamford.
- On Wednesday at 6 p.m., restaurants throughout Fairfield County will be participating in the March of Dimes Signature Chefs Auction. The event, to be held at The Waters Edge at Giovanni's, at 2748 Post Road in Darien, will feature a unique assortment of live and silent auction packages including experiences with the chefs, entertainment and travel, and contribute to the very special Fund the Mission campaign, in support of "A Recipe for Healthy Babies" initiative.
- Act II Consignment Boutique in Greenwich, managed by the Women’s Fellowship of the Second Congregational Church, opens its 2013 season Wednesday. Tucked inside the first floor of the church-owned house at 48 Maple Ave., Greenwich, the boutique sells women’s, men’s and children’s clothing; jewelry; bric-a-brac an other household items; cookbooks and children’s books, and small furniture.
- Get up to 56 percent off on a meal at Pontos Taverna in Norwalk with a current Groupon offer.
- Don't knock your forehead and say "I coulda had a V-8," -- buy vegetables: Darien Farmers Market runs from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday in the parking lot at Goodwives Shopping Center, 25 Old King's Hwy.