- On Thursday night, join the second-annual Ladies Night of Glitter & Glam to Save Second Base hosted at Nagi Jewelers to benefit the Bennett Cancer Center in Stamford. "Preview our new fall Collections, experience the shamanic healing powers of Eve Kerwin, Tarot Readings, and fabulous fare as always."
- Bestselling author Jonathan Tropper is scheduled to kick off the second season of the Bedford Post Inn Literary Series at the Bedford Post Inn (in Bedford, NY) on Thursday, Oct. 3. He will talk about his latest tome "One Last Thing Before I Go." The luncheon fee includes a copy of the book.
- On Thursday, Oct. 3, the Melting Pot of Darien will hold a
special FONDUE-Raiser to benefit an employee, Mycel Alegado, a Norwalk
resident whose family endured a personal tragedy in the Philippines.
During this special dining event, the restaurant employees decided to
come together to show support for their colleague by donating a portion
of the meal proceeds, coupled with a lump sum of the staff’s wages and
tips, for Ms. Alegado’s relatives. Ms. Alegado [...] has postponed her college education to help provide
financial assistance to relatives from her native country. At this time,
Ms. Alegado provides support to her recently deceased cousin’s family,
who left behind a wife and seven young children. All of the funds
donated from this event will pay for the children’s expenses." -- from an announcement on Darien Patch
- At 7 and 9:30 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 3, the "Manhattan Short Film Festival" will take place at Bowtie Cinema's Landmark Square Theaters in Stamford, among other places around the world. At each venue, audiences who see the films get to vote on them to decide the winner.
- The Tokeneke Pumpkin Carnival takes place Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Tokeneke School in Darien.
- Registration has been extended to Thursday for the Stamford Urban Scavenger Race on Saturday. Details here.