The Town of Darien paving program for the summer of 2012 is as follows:
- Christie Hill Road from Leeuwarden Rd to Hollow Tree Ridge Rd. August 6, through 8;
- Georgian Lane from Christie Hill Rd to Christie Hill Rd, August 6, through 9;
- Christie Hill Rd from Middlesex Rd to Top O’ Hill, August 7, through 9;
- Robinson Street from West Ave Belleval St, August 8, through 10;
- Brown Street from West Ave to Belleval St, August 8, through 10;
- Belleval Street from Robinson St to Brown St, August 8, through 10;
- Red Cedar Lane from Hollow Tree Ridge Rd to termini, August 8, through 10;
- Noroton Avenue from Middlesex Rd to High School, August 9, through 12;
- Thomasina Lane from Dubois St to terminus, August 9, through 13;
- Fairfield Avenue from West Ave to Elm Street, August 9, through 13;
- Brookside Road, from OId Kings Highway North to Post Road, August 10, through 14;
- Buttonwood Lane from Mansfield Ave to Brookside Rd, August 10, through 15;
- Leroy East Parking, Leroy Ave, entirety, August 13, through 13.
- Raymond Street from Railroad Bridge to Tokeneke Rd, August 13, through 16;
- Cliff Avenue from Raymond Street to Tokeneke Rd, August 13, through 16;
Preparatory work will precede paving on all of the above roads. Dates listed above include milling and paving.
Road surfaces will have raised structures during these dates. Please avoid these roads if possible during these times or use extra caution if you must travel on these roads. The above schedule is based on favorable weather conditions.
Emergency access will be available at all times. Town of Darien police officers will be present to direct traffic and assist area residents during construction.
Driveway access will be limited during paving operations. However, no single driveway should be closed for more than an hour. On street parking will be suspended during paving operations. Minor traffic delays are likely. Please plan your travels