Fairfield County-based nonprofit VolunteerSquare.com this week proudly welcomed Darien entrepreneur Gavin Pommernelle to its Board of Directors.
Pommernelle is the founder of Talent Driven Value, LLC. He works worldwide with executives and leadership teams to coach and develop their leadership skills and to design talent management practices fully aligned with their organization’s strategic priorities.
“We are thrilled to have Gavin join our Board of Directors, of course, because of his extensive background and the wide range of experience he will bring to VolunteerSquare,” said Executive Director Rachel Reese.
“But we are particularly excited because we connected with Gavin through our own site when he began volunteering his time with our agency. It’s proof positive that dedicated, passionate volunteers are out there, looking for projects in line with their passion.”
Pommernelle has over 20 years of experience in executive leadership roles and in managing Human Resource functions globally.
This also includes overseeing corporate social responsibility programs for a global business. Originally from South Africa and having lived in London, Hong Kong and Frankfurt, Gavin has been a Darien resident for the last 5 years.
"VolunteerSquare.com is making a difference right now and right here,” Pommernelle said. “I look forward to working with the board to help build connections between people who want to be involved and the non-profit organizations that contribute so much to the community."
The VolunteerSquare.com Board of Directors includes:
- Founder and Darien resident Ned Brokaw
- Darien Selectman Dave Campbell
- Chris Hulse, Founder & CEO of Norwalk-based Inflection Point Media
VolunteerSquare.com also boasts an Advisory Board of Directors comprised of leaders from the nonprofit community:
- Ceci Maher, Executive Director of Person-to-Person, Inc.
- Julia Wade, Volunteer Coordinator at Domus
- Leah Kimmet, Executive Director of Horizons at the New Canaan Country School
\VolunteerSquare.com is a free community resource and was first established in early 2011. Since its re-launch, it has partnered with nearly 100 nonprofit agencies to spread the word about volunteer needs in Fairfield County. Some features of the site include:
- Personalized e-alerts notifying users of volunteer opportunities that match their specific skills & interests
- Interactive calendar for posting and sharing community events
- Sophisticated, but user-friendly, social networking platform allowing volunteers and agencies to communicate directly and share photos, videos and feedback
Volunteer Square, Inc. is a registered 501( c ) 3 nonprofit organization.