In Darien, we've got several spots to celebrate St. Patrick and all things Irish, and around the county they/ll be wearin' the green at parades in Stamford, Greenwich and Danbury.
In our , The Goose and Darien VFW Hall were the most popular picks for places to go, although we didn't get a large number of readers participating.
Here in town, there are several choices:
- —22 Center St. ("St. Patrick's Weekend specials start Friday night with corned beef and cabbage, shepherds pie fish and chips cheddar and guinness soup, beers will include smithwicks irish ale, guinness, black lager guinness, bass ale on draft we have captain lawrence pale ale, landshark, stella magic hat vinyl and miller light we have feckin irish whiskey for the irish coffees and cheryl is making irish soda bread make reservations for Backstreet this weekend and the patio is open."—from Backstreet's Facebook page)
- —1340 Post Rd.—("Come Join us for Corned Beef and Cabbage on March 17th. Everyone's a little Irish on St. Patrick's Day!"—from the website.)
- —10 Center St.—"Chef Nick is even getting into the spirit with corned beef sliders, fish and chips, and more!"—from the website)
- —972 Post Rd.—"This St. Patrick's Day, join us as The Goose goes green for a day. Come celebrate with Guinness Draught & Jameson's Irish Whiskey Specials served alongside your favorite Irish Classics from the kitchen. The band starts at 9:30, but the fun begins long before then. Get here early and stay late as The Goose is the only place to be. Reservations are always recommended: 203-656-2600."—from the website
- —14 Grove St.—"This St Patrick’s Day, let the leprechaun lead you to the “pot-o-fondue” at The Melting Pot! During this special holiday, we will offer special Irish-inspired fondue dishes and also serve Guinness and Irish coffee."—from the website
- —416 Post Rd.—Rory's is open for breakfast at 9 a.m. on St. Patrick's Day, and bagpipe music will be playing all day. Special dishes include Shepherd's Pie, Lamb stew and—of course—corned beef and cabbage. Harp, Guinness and Jameson will be on hand.—announcement on this Web page
- —205 Noroton Ave.—
Any kids wearing green on St. Patrick's Day can if they're with a paying adult.
Here are the St. Patrick's parades in Fairfield County:
- Greenwich: 2 p.m. Sunday, March 25; starts at
- Danbury: 2 p.m. Sunday, March 25, starts at
And here are some for a happy and safe St. Patrick's Day.