Today is Monday, April 2, 2012.
EVENTS & REMINDERS
- 7:30 p.m., Westport Public Library. "Admissions rates of 6%? Kids applying to 32 colleges? Sixteen-year-olds with more impressive resumes than Fortune 500 CEOs? Has the nation lost its mind? Why yes, it has!"—from the library's .
- "Raising Cain" author's presentation: 7 to 9 p.m., Darien High School Auditorium: "Register to attend Michael Thompson's presentation where he will discuss the risk factors that affect the lives of boys, from learning disorders to peer pressure. He will be also take questions from parents, educators, and caregivers. [...] A drop-in screening of the documentary, Raising Cain, will be held on Tuesday, April 3 at 10 a.m. in the Community Room.—from the Daren Library announcement.
- Darien High School schedule: "E" Day. Periods: 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 1 | 7 | 8
- "Interested in being a part of the DHS-China Exchange next year? Applications are now available. Submit completed applications by April 4th. Contact Mrs. Armiger with questions."—Darien High School website
- Depot April Calendar
DARIEN PLAYHOUSE SHOWTIMES
- Mirror, Mirror: 7 p.m., PG , 1 hr 46 min
- The Hunger Games: 7 and 10 p.m., PG-13 (2 hrs. 22 mins.)—IMDb—trailer—Rotten Tomatoes
All meetings take place in , 2 Renshaw Rd., unless otherwise noted. Since Darien town government provides no reliable, centralized list of town government meetings, and there is not enough time in the day to go searching for them, this list may well be incomplete:
- Darien Beautification Commission, 9 a.m., Room B3
- RTM District III Caucus of the Representative Town Meeting, 7:30 p.m., Room 119 (agenda)
- Park & Recreation Committee of the Representative Town Meeting, Room 213, 7:30 p.m.
FORECAST as of 7:41 p.m. Sunday (update)
- Friday: "Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 55. Windy, with a north wind between 22 and 29 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph."
- Monday Night: "Clear, with a low around 34. North wind between 10 and 16 mph."
INTERSTATE 95 TRAFFIC CAMS
See also Darien Patch's "Traffic & Gas Prices" page.
TIDES & TIMES
- Sunrise: 6:39 a.m.
- Sunset: 7:17 p.m.
- High tide: 5:15 a.m. (6.6')
- Low tide: 11:54 a.m. (0.8')
- High tide: 5:59 p.m. (6.2')
HOW TO USE PATCH:
Forecast obtained from the National Weather Service; tide information obtained from saltwatertides.com (calibrated to Long Neck Point).