The Darien Department of Public Works has the following information on this year's Christmas tree pick-up schedule:
- Christmas trees must be at the curb by the first morning of the scheduled pickup.
- Christmas tree pickup is conducted only on public streets.
- The schedule has been rotated from last year.
- Public Works Department does not have more specific times for pickups.
- In the event of significant snow accumulation, the program may be delayed. Please be patient.
- Once collection is complete, trucks will not return until the next scheduled pick-up period.
- Christmas wreathes, brush, grass clippings, garbage or other materials will not be collected.
- Christmas trees with bags, netting, stands or lights will not be collected.
- Residents with valid RDA stickers may still bring Christmas trees to the dump.
- Collection occurs only on weekdays.
For more information, see the Home page of the Darien Public Works Department or call (203) 656-7346.
WHEN AND WHERE PICKUPS TAKE PLACEArea # Area Description Dates 1 North of the railroad tracks and west of Hollow Tree Ridge Road, including Hollow Tree Ridge Road
Jan. 4 -7
Jan. 18-242 North of the railroad tracks and east of Hollow Tree Ridge Road to and including Mansfield Avenue
Jan. 23-243 North of the railroad tracks and east of Mansfield Avenue
Jan. 25-284 South of the railroad tracks and north of and including the Post Road
Jan. 29-305 South of the railroad tracks and south of the Post Road