It’s time to bust out the green T-shirt and sit down for a plate of bangers and mash. Wash it down with a pint of Guinness and enjoy March 17 – better known as St. Patrick’s Day. Check out these great local haunts for some good Irish festivities:
- (416 Post Rd., Darien; 203-655-9453): Enjoy Shepherd’s pie, lamb stew and corned beef and cabbage for lunch and dinner. The bar will also play host to bagpipers come play twice a day.
- (1020 Post Rd, Darien; 203-655-1020): The upscale bar will feature corned beef cabbage and drink specials in honor of St. Patrick’s Day.
- The Goose (972 Boston Post Rd., Darien): Enjoy $5 Guinness drafts all day and night at the bar, plus live acoustic music from PJ Pacifico at 9:30 p.m. Traditional Irish favorites will be served all day.
- (14 Grove St., Darien; 203-656-4774): Want a break from the Guinness and green attire? Head to Ladies Night at this fondue restaurant. For just $22.99, female patrons can enjoy a three-course meal featuring savory cheese fondue, fresh garden salad and chocolate fondue, from 5 to 10 p.m.
- (280 Connecticut Ave., Norwalk; 203-642-4599): The Irish pub opens at 9:30 a.m. for workers calling in sick, or early lunchers who want to enjoy half-price pints of Guinness until noon. At night, the band Pimpinella plays tunes while Irish dancers entertain. Prizes and giveaways round out the night.