Update 5:21 p.m.:
Carol Wilder-Tamme, president of the Darien Chamber of Commerce, has some more possibilities if you're looking for somewhere to party out the old year tonight. From her blog:
Why leave our great community for New Year’s Eve? Dine and have fun close by and have a short drive home! There are many restaurants that are having parties, bands, special menus and more. The Water’s Edge at Giovanni’s has a band and big party, The Goose has a band and party, Rory’s and Backstreet Restaurant both have specials, Fuji has karaoke, Chuck’s Steakhouse, Darien Social, Estia’s American, Little Thai Kitchen, Sails American Grill, SCENA Wine Bar & Restaurant and Ten Twenty Post Oyster Bar & Bistro are all open and waiting to take your reservations! CLICK HERE for phone numbers and websites.
And here's the weather report for tonight.
Got plans for New Year's Eve?
If not, it's not too late to figure out how to spend your time ringing in 2013. Patch has got you covered:
In Darien, here are three places offering something special tonight—if you know of any others, tell us in the comments section:
- The Melting Pot: "The Melting Pot of Darien is offering a special fondue menu for lunch and dinner. [...] Fruit-infused specialty drinks. Champagne. Chocolate covered strawberries."
- The Goose: "Spend New Year's Eve at The Goose American Bistro and Bar on the Post Road in Darien. Have dinner and dance to Darien Resident Steve Townsend's band The Faker Five. For close to 15 years The Faker Five have been entertaining crowds from Hartford to New York City and beyond with their unique blend of Blues, Jazz, Funk and Blues Rock. The band features Sax, Vocals, Keyboards, Bass, Drums and Percussion playing music from Eric Clapton, Dr John, Herbie Hancock, The Neville Brothers, Taj Mahal, BB King, Sting, The Meters and more!!"
- Waters Edge at Giovanni's steak house is offering a $70 prix-fixe dinner with appetizer, salad, entree, side order, dessert bar and music. You can still reserve a table today.
- The Funky Meters and Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk are throwing a party at The Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, N.Y. Tickets—which can be purchased here—are available for $45 or $90, depending on location. The show starts at 9 p.m.
- Put on those dancing shoes and head over to Sheraton Hotel in Stamford for Dancing New Year's Eve. The event features a full dinner, an open bar and a night of dancing. Tickets are available for $130.
- The Black Bear in South Norwalk is hosting a New Year's Eve Bash. Tickets are available for $50 each, or $90 for a couple. The fun starts at 9 p.m.
- The Ryan Montbleau Band takes the stage at the Fairfield Theatre Company StageOne at 9 p.m. Tickets are available for $62.
- There's a lot more going on in Fairfield County, Conn. Tons of events can be viewed here.