And Fairfield County nonprofits are rallying the troops (read: volunteers and supporters from the community) to go all out for one big day of fundraising this Friday, March 7. That's the day Fairfield County Community Foundation (FCCF) is offering up $100,000 in prize money to more than 300 nonprofits.
It's called Fairfield County Giving Day, and it's presented by FCCF and funding partner, Bank of America.
According to FCCF, the goal of this online, 24-hour day of giving, is to raise $1 million for more than 300 nonprofits throughout the region. FCCF has set up a special page, which you can access here, where you can search for nonprofits to support in a variety of ways:
- By typing in a specific nonprofit name
- By typing in the town you live in
- By searching by cause (such as Education, Arts, Environment, etc.)
Here Are the Participating Nonprofits in Darien
- ABC in Darien, Inc.
- Aging in Place Gallivant, Inc.
- Person-to-Person, Inc.
- Volunteer Square Corp.
- YWCA Darien-Norwalk, Inc.
Cash Prizes Give Nonprofits Big Boost"Fairfield County Giving Day is a great way for you to support your favorite local cause and help area nonprofits compete for more than $100,000 in prize money," FCCF states. "Awards range from $500 to $25,000 and every donation — whether $10 or $100 — makes a difference and can help your nonprofit win!"
Here's how the prizes will be awarded to local nonprofits:
Early Bird Prizes
- $1,000 – Most money raised by 10 a.m.
- $1,000 – Most number of donations by 10 a.m.
- $750 – Second most money raised by 10 a.m.
- $750 – Second most number of donations by 10 a.m.
- $500 – Third most money raised by 10 a.m.
- $500 – Third most number of donations by 10 a.m.
- $500 – To the nonprofit that receives the 100th gift made on Giving Day
Most Donations Received Prizes
- $25,000 – Nonprofit with the largest number of donations
- $20,000 – Nonprofit with the second largest number of donations
- $15,000 – Nonprofit with the third largest number of donations
- $10,000 – Nonprofit with the fourth largest number of donations
- $5,000 – Nonprofit with the fifth largest number of donations
The first 25 nonprofits to raise $1,000 on Fairfield County Giving Day will receive a dollar-for-dollar match of $1,000.
What organization(s) will you be supporting on March 7?