We do not yet have information about any different church times or Easter weekend events for Calvary Church or The Christian Science Church in Darien, each of which has regular Sunday services at 10:30 a.m.
On Good Friday, Darien churches will be holding an Ecumenical 'Cross Walk'. "The churches of Darien come together on Good Friday at First Congregational Church (14 Brookside Rd.) at 10:30 a.m. to carry the cross of Christ through town to St. Luke’s Episcopal, where we arrive at approximately 11:45 a.m."
- Passion of the Lord: 3 p.m.
- Living Stations of the Cross (Presented by the Youth Group): 7:30 p.m.
- Blessing of the Food: 12 noon
- Confessions: 3 p.m.
- Easter Vigil: 8 p.m.
- Mass in the Church: 7:30, 8:30, 10:00, 11:30 a.m.
- Mass in the Parish Center (only if needed): 8:35, 10:05, 11:35 a.m.
- No 9 a.m. Mass
- Veneration of the Cross: 3 p.m.
- Stations of the Cross: 7:30 p.m.
- NO 9 a.m. or 4:30 p.m. Masses
- Easter Vigil: 8 p.m.
- Regular Mass schedule: 7:30, 8:45, 10 (family Mass), 11:30 a.m.
- No 5:15 p.m. Mass
- Office Closed
- Chapel & Church open for prayer: 6 a.m.
- Way of the Cross: 7 a.m.
- Good Friday Children's Program :
- Procession of the Cross : 10:45 a.m.
- Ecumenical Community Service at Saint Luke's: 12 noon
- Men's Bridge
- Good Friday Liturgy: 7 p.m.
- Reserved Kitchen for cooking for Easter
- Easter Celebration Service for Children & Egg Hunt: 3:30 p.m.
- The Great Vigil of Easter with Full Choir, reception in the Parish Hall: 7 p.m.
- Easter-no church school
- Holy Eucharist with Organ and Brass: 7:45 a.m.
- Come as You Are Contemporary Eucharist:9:15 a.m.
- Family Holy Eucharist:9:15 a.m.
- Festival Holy Eucharist, Full Choir and Brass: 9:15 a.m.
- Festival Holy Eucharist with Full Choir and Brass: 11:15 a.m.
- SEYC Youth Group
- Faces of the Cross: 7:30 p.m.
- The Great Vigil of Easter: 6:30 p.m.
- Easter Services: 8:45 a.m., 10:30 a.m.
- Fellowship: 10 a.m.
- Beginning at 6:00 a.m. on Good Friday (April 18th), by longstanding tradition, the church family will read the New Testament all the way through from the pulpit Bible. Individuals and families may sign up for one or more twenty minute blocks throughout the day until midnight.
- Also on Good Friday, people from all over Darien will gather at our church at 10:30 a.m. to carry a large cross through town. The procession of laypeople and clergy will continue to St. Luke's Episcopal Church, where the community Good Friday worship will begin at 12 noon noon. Worshippers may come for part or all of the service, which lasts until 3 p.m. Reverend Rosenberger will be the first one preaching.
- Easter sunrise service will return to Stephen Mather Cemetery (southeast corner of Brookside Road and Stephen Mather Road) at 7 a.m.
- Our 9 and 11 a.m. Easter worship services will be identical, and will be designed with families in mind. Choral music, flowers, and balloons will underscore the joy of the day. Children will remain in the Meetinghouse for the entire service and, if desired, childcare will be available for children (2nd grade and younger) in the Circle Room and care for infants will be available in our Nursery.
- Easter egg hunt will take place after the 11 a.m. service. Children to gather in front of the stage in Parish Hall after the service.
Good Friday Ecumenical Service, April 18:
12:00-3 p.m. St. Luke’s Church,
“The Seven Last Words of Christ”
(You are welcome to come and go as needed.)
- 5 p.m.: Open Doors Easter Vigil in the Sanctuary; Childcare 3 mos. to 3 years
- No dinner served this week.
Easter Sunday, April 20:
- 6:00 a.m. Sunrise Service at Weed Beach: Preaching: Pastor Greg Doll
- 8:00 a.m. Sanctuary Service with Choir & Brass: Preaching: Pastor Sam Schreiner: 8 a.m.; No childcare or Sunday School
- 9:30 & 11:00 a.m. Sanctuary Services with Choir & Brass: Preaching: Pastor Sam Schreiner; Childcare up to 3 years; 3’s-K: Regular Sunday School classes; 1st-5th grades: Chapel; 6th-12th grades: Remain in Sanctuary
- No Open Doors Service today
- Good Friday Gathering, 7 to 8 p.m.
- Prayer Gathering, 5:30 to 5:45 p.m.
- Sunday Gathering, 6 p.m.