The following information was provided by the Office of the Fire Marshal:
Tuesday, June 22
MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT/INJURY The Noroton Fire Department responded to a Motor Vehicle Accident/Injury at Post Road and Garden City Road around 4:15 a.m.
SMOKE SCARE Around 11:11 a.m., all three of Darien's fire departments responded to a smoke scare at Noroton Presbyterian Church (23 Noroton Avenue). The cause was identified as a burning hose inside an oven in the SHAC building, which is used by the church's youth group. No damage was reported, a fire official said, but a smell of burning rubber permeated the building.
SMOKE SCARE The Darien Fire Department came to the scene of a smoke scare at the Old Town Hall Houses (719 Post Road) around 9:52 p.m. Firefighters determined the cause to be burnt food.
Thursday, June 25
GAS LEAK A report of a gas leak brought the Darien Fire Department to 7 Queens Lane around 4:45 p.m. Firefighters determined that a tank there had sprung a leak at the valve, requiring a gas company official to come and transfer much of the propane to a different tank. The remainder was then burned off.
Sunday, June 27
MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT/INJURY Noroton Heights Fire responded to a motor vehicle accident/injury at I-95 north exit 10 around 3:10 p.m.