Tonight from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m., contenders for municipal office will share the auditorium stage as the hosts its annual Candidates' Night.
The event will be moderated by Kay Maxwell, former national president of the LWV. will carry the event live and rebroadcast it periodically leading up to the Nov. 8 election.
Audience members will have the opportunity to ask questions from the floor, while viewers at home can submit questions during (but not before) the debate to email@example.com. At-home viewers are asked to include in the subject line which debate segment and general topic the question applies to; only the first two submissions from each email address will be considered.
The order of events is as follows:
• 6:00 p.m.: Introduction and questions for Board of Finance candidates:
- Elizabeth Mao (R)
- James McLaughlin (R)
- Gwen Mogenson (D)
and Board of Education candidates:
- Michael Harman (R)
- Heather Shea (D) [unable to attend]
- Morgan Whitter (R) [unable to attend]
• 7:00 p.m.: Reception in the lobby and informal conversation with candidates for office.
• 7:30-9:00 p.m.: Debate between first selectman candidates:
- John Lundeen (D)
- Chris Noe (Ultra-Conservative)
- Jayme Stevenson (R)
followed by debate between Board of Selectmen candidates:
- David Bayne (D)
- Dave Campbell (R)
- Jerry Nielsen (R)
- Vickie Riccardo (D)
Lundeen, Noe, and Stevenson are also set to meet for a roundtable debate at the at 11:30 a.m. Thursday. The event will be moderated by the editors of the Darien Times, The Daily Darien, and Darien Patch.