From the :
The Town of Darien paving program for the summer of 2011 is as follows:
- Camp Avenue (all): Aug. 8-11, 2011
- Lynn Court (all): Aug. 9-11, 2011
- Echo Drive (all): Aug. 10-11, 2011
- Echo Drive North (all): Aug. 10-12, 2011
- Edelweiss Lane (all): Aug. 10-12, 2011
- Alpine Lane (all): Aug. 10-12, 2011
- Noroton Avenue (West Ave to Middlesex Road): Aug. 11-15, 2011
- Lighthouse Way (all): Aug. 12-16, 2011
- Old Farm Road (Tokeneke Rd through school frontage): Aug. 12-17, 2011
- Old Kings Highway North (Sedgwick to Old Kings Highway North): Aug. 15-19, 2011
Preparatory work will precede paving on all of the above roads. Dates listed above include milling and paving.
Additionally, the following roads will be paved as part of the Goodwives River Road sewer project:
- Salem Straits, Beverly Place, Whaling Road, Peabody Lane, Conant Place, and Candlewood Lane (all): road milling and preparatory work Aug. 8-9 and paving on Aug. 10, 2011.
- Goodwives River Road (all): road milling and preparatory work on Aug. 10-11 and paving Aug. 12, 2011
Road surfaces will have raised structures during the above dates. Please avoid these roads if possible during these times or use extra caution if you must travel on these roads. These schedules are based on favorable weather conditions.
Emergency access will be available at all times. Town of Darien police officers will be present to direct traffic and assist area residents during construction.
Driveway access will be limited during paving operations. However, no single driveway should be closed for more than an hour. On street parking will also be suspended.
Minor traffic delays are likely. Please plan your travels accordingly, and call the Department of Public Works at 203-656-7346 for further information.