Are you ready to make 2013 the year you finally get organized? Time to take step #2 in our countdown!
If you are following along with me, you know that last week we talked about committing to the idea of getting organized. Did you think about it? Did you talk to your family? Hopefully, you are committed and ready to see what’s next as we prepare for GO! (Get Organized!) month in January.
Step #2 in our December countdown is about getting supplies. Believe it or not, December is the PERFECT month to talk supplies, because it is typically a “gifting” season:) Reading this may actually give you a couple of ideas to share with friends & family.
Here is what I call the “TOP 10 TOOLS for any organizing project”:
- Large bags with handles (shopping bags that you may be bringing home for holiday shopping are perfect!) Open one of the bags and use it to store the others – folded - inside. OR, "banker" boxes (the kind you get at an office supply store and assemble yourself)
- Post it notes (any color, the square size works well)
- Sharpie (I love the “pop up” version)
- Clear, plastic shoe boxes (the single best tool for getting organized!)
- Small, sturdy boxes that fit inside a drawer
- Labeler (this is a great gift suggestion if you don’t have one! – I like the P-touch by Brother)
- A camera (for before and after photos)
- Large & small Ziploc bags
- A rag/ paper towels
- A playlist with your favorite “get pumped” songs.
That’s it! As you can see, most of these items are cheap and easy! Having these supplies at your fingertips will ensure that you are efficient in January. We are only 3 weeks away from our kick-off activity* In the meantime, check out The Seana Method on Facebook for free tips for surviving the holidays, or go to www.theseanamethod.com for blogs on surviving December, hosting a holiday party, and more. Happy Organizing!
*During the month of January, The Seana Method, in conjunction with Darien Patch, will be featuring a 15-20 minute organizing project each weekday.
Seana Turner is a professional organizer and founder of The Seana Method.
See the "Get Organized with Seana Turner" topics page on Patch, with blog posts for Get Organized Month.