The Connecticut Wolfpack 15 and under baseball team head to the field Thursday afternoon in hopes of adding to their undefeated record for the Perfect Game league's National Championship in Atlanta.
The team is comprised of players from Fairfield, Westport, Norwalk and Darien and is coached by Chris Fournier and assistant coach Mike Fournier. With a 7-0 record for pool play in the past week, the Wolfpack is seeded number 3 in the 184-team field.
The team also received a first round bye in the 23-team playoffs that start Thursday. If they win Thursday afternoon's game, they'll play again Thursday. The semi-finals and finals are scheduled for Friday.
Here's the team roster and their hometowns:
- Brendan Bucher of Fairfield.
- Jack Cohen of Fairfield.
- Thomas Cullimore of Westport.
- Clay Curley of Fairfield.
- Jonathan Dedomenico of Westport.
- Giovanni Filippone of Darien.
- CJ Hanrahan of Fairfield.
- John Hazzard of Norwalk.
- Peter Marren of Darien.
- Chris Ray of Fairfield.
- Max Richlin of Westport.
- Enzo Stefanoni of Darien.
- Tyler Wincig of New York.
- Jono Zarrilli of Fairfield.
Here are the pool play results:
- Fri. June 20: W 10-2 over Team DeMarini GA – Max Richlin (Westport) pitched 5 2/3-innings and gave up only one earned run.
- Fri. June 20: W 8-0 over Carolina Cubs – Ryan Meury (Fairfield) pitched a 5-inning complete game shut out.
- Sat. June 21: W 9-1 over Mizuno Team Georgia – Clay Curley (Fairfield) pitched 5 1/3-innings and gave up no earned runs.
- Sun. June 22: W 5-2 over Georgia Elite – Thomas Cullimore (Westport) pitched a 7-inning complete game and gave up only one earned run.
- Mon. June 23: W 10-2 over S3 Texas – Johnny Hazzard (Norwalk) pitched a 5-inning complete game and gave up only two earned runs.
- Tue. June 24: W 10-5 over St. Louis Gamers – Will Lucas (Fairfield) pitched 4-innings and Ryan Meury (Fairfield) pitched two shut-out innings in relief.
- Wed. June 25: W 8-0 over Tri-State Arsenal(N.J.) – Clay Curley (Fairfield) pitched five shut out innings and Tyler Wincig (New York) pitched one shut-out inning in relief.