Update (Aug. 10)
First off, a big “Thank You” to everyone for some truly terrific captions for these photos— they were great — and thank you, too, to all of you who voted in the contest.
Below we’ve listed seven winners, including our grand prize winner, and you can read their captions in the photo above.
The contest ran across dozens of Patch sites throughout Connecticut, New Jersey and New York, with Patch readers in those areas captioning different photos.
Our winners are (see the image above for winning captions and corresponding photos):
Grand Prize Winner
- : “Really? NBC fired you? I can put in a good word for you at Toys R Us!”
- : “When I said, ‘Stop chewing my ear off!’ I meant it LITERALLY!”
New Jersey Winners
- : “I always stick my neck out for you, because you're my biggest fan.”
- : “Giraffe to peacock: ‘I think you're my biggest fan!’ “
New York City Winner
- : “Don't worry. If I catch you by the toe, I'll LEGO right away.”
Long Island Winner
- : “hold up. i'm made of WHAT????”
- : "Time to Lego of your wild side at the Bronx zoo!!!"
Way to go, everyone!
Update (Aug. 6)
Welcome back everyone, and a big THANK YOU to everyone who captioned the Bronx Zoo tigers photo.
After a lot of debate, Patch has narrowed our field down to 10 finalists, all vying for a family 4-pack to the zoo and the grand prize of a VIP zoo tour with a yearlong family membership!
Choose the winner by posting a comment below with the number (see assigned numbers above) of your favorite caption.
Winners will be announced at 2 p.m. Friday!
Original Post (July 30)
For many of us, August brings restful activities—beaches, camping, swimming, barbecuing—together with friends and family.
One terrific option for area residents is the .
Visit a Wild Forest: A LEGO Safari at the Bronx Zoo thru September 3rd! Explore an exotic trail with life-sized LEGO structures including rhinos, gorillas, lemurs and more, head to our Build Zone and create your own wild LEGO creatures or help build a Mystery Mural.
All Patch readers will also receive a 20 percent discount on tickets to visit the zoo this summer! For more information visit us here.
Four our contest, caption the photo above (just click where it says “Leave a comment” below) and you’ll have a chance at winning a family 4-pack to the zoo, and the grand prize of a VIP zoo tour with a yearlong family membership!
Here's how the contest works:
- Enter your caption or captions in the comment thread below.
- Patch will take captions through Sunday, Aug. 5, and present a list of finalists in one screen grab on Monday, Aug. 6.
- Winners will be selected with the help of Patch users. You will vote on your favorite caption through the "comments" section on this story (Example: “I think No. 7 of 10 is the best”).
More details about the contest are attached.
Here’s some info about a great new part of the zoo, “Wild Forest: A LEGO Safari.” There, visitors will find LEGO animal sculptures in one dramatically, designed location and can learn fascinating facts about each animal and the LEGO structure built to represent it. Activities include:
- Help to build a Mystery LEGO mural
- Watch a LEGO Master Builder at work (select weekends in July & August)
- Build your own LEGO structure in the Build Zone
- Avenue Zoo puppet theater at Asia Stage
- Learn fascinating facts within the LEGO Forest