- At the Darien Community Association Florence Anglade will again hold two levels of beginning French language classes, starting on Monday, January 6th, 2014. Instructor Florence Anglade - French citizen, native French speaker and Darien resident - teaches these classes in an informal setting. Class sizes are limited to 6 to ensure students have plenty of time for questions and practice under Florence’s experienced eye.
- Join Norwalk's Osteria Romana for Live Opera Music Wednesday starting at 6:30 p.m. The Live Music, "Classic Cabaret," features Jodi Keogan, a Soprano. Tables will fill up fast, so book soon: To secure a table, call us at 203-229-0844.
- The Greenwich Drawing Room Art Gallery invites two artists Thursday, Rick Shafer & Ali Osborn, to speak about their work exhibited in "Drawn: Exploring Contemporary Drawing." The evening will be filled with dialogue, inspiration and great company.
- Head to the Stamford Museum & Nature Center on Friday for Astronomy Nights: Winter Constellations. It's "a real treat to explore the night sky, planets, stars, and more! Start by enjoying a presentation on winter constellations, followed by a visit to view the night sky through a 22-inch research telescope."
- "Twilight Admission" at Stepping Stones. For
a limited time enjoy Tuesday through Friday afternoons at Stepping
Stones for half the price. Take advantage of a great deal and enjoy our
special brand of play-based learning and kid-powered fun. Twilight hour
pricing is in effect through Friday, March 28. The half-off admission
price is valid Tuesday to Friday only, for entrance between 3 -
5 p.m. The special offer is not available on Martin Luther King Jr.
Day or Presidents Day. This offer is not to be combined with any other
discounts, coupons or special deals.
- Play With Your Food lunchtime theater program will be held Jan. 7-9 at Toquet Hall in Westport and Jan. 14 at Fairfield Theatre Company from 12-1:30 p.m. The programs include a buffet lunch and dessert catered by The Pantry of Fairfield, followed by readings of short plays by professional actors. In January, audiences will be treated to an ensemble cast of five actors reading: Package Deal by comedy writer Frederick Stroppel, Finding Mona Lisa by Florida playwright Michael McKeever and an excerpt of Pulitzer Prize-/Tony Award- recipient Neil Simon’s Last of the Red Hot Lovers. A post-show discussion concludes the program. Tickets are $43 with lunch included. Shows are held monthly through April. For information, visit www.jibproductions.org, call 203-293-8831 or firstname.lastname@example.org.