- Chuck's Steak House at 1340 Post Rd. continues to offer its "Back to School Special" -- kids under 10 years old eat free, Sundays through Thursdays until Monday, Sept. 30.
- The Darien Y has earlier hours starting Tuesday: The YMCA's hours now are: Monday through Friday 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Saturday, 7 a.m to 7 p.m.; Sunday, 8 a.m to 6 p.m.
- The Darien Nature Center reopens Tuesday, Sept. 3. The Chipmunks Vacation program runs Tuesday through Friday (Sept. 3-6), Fall enrichment classes begin Monday, Sept. 9, and after-school classes start on Sept. 16. Fall registration is already in full swing, according to an announcement posted on Darien Patch.
- Want your kid in the Darien Library Storytimes program? Registration for Fall Session 1 ends Tuesday, Sept. 3. "Fall Session 1 Storytimes run from Monday, Sept. 9 to Friday, Oct. 18. Sign up here." -- from the Darien Library website.
- "Yoga Warriors
Week, on behalf of the Wounded Warrior Project, will take place the
week of Sept. 5-12, 2013. It will be of three parts: a running silent
auction, a collection box for a care package to mail overseas to my
brother and his platoon, and a by-donation, all-levels yoga class." -- from an article by Lexy Stauffer on Darien Patch.
- From an by Kaia Yoga Studio: "On Tuesday, Sept. 3 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Westport, CT Kaia Yoga Studio [...] Kaia Yoga will host a special Yoga Nidra
Workshop with founders of Odanadi-US (a non-profit branch of Odanadi
India) to benefit and raise awareness while providing support for the
Odanadi School in Mysore, India. Odanadi India is responsible for
rescuing and rehabilitating men and women who have been trafficked,
prostituted, enslaved or abused. A $25 donation will save your spot for the special Yoga Nidra workshop." -- from an event listing on Darien Patch.