- "On Friday, Oct. 25, Darien High School's Theatre 308 will have its first ever Haunted House! It will take place at Darien High School in the Little Theatre (across from the DHS Auditorium). This event is fully designed, built, acted, and staged by students. For children 12 and under, we have our "Spooky" walk from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. For those more adventurous, we will have a "Scary" walk from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. for teens and adults. The cost is $3 for those 12 and under, $5 for teens and adults." -- from an event listing on Darien Patch
- From the Darien YMCA newsletter: "The Darien YMCA will once again host its Halloween Party on Friday, Oct. 25, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. in the gymnasium. There will be games, prizes, music, a bounce house, and much more. It's sure to be a fun-filled night you won't want to miss. Parents and children are welcome to attend in costume!"
- The Darien Arts Center has a Halloween event on Saturday: "Don't miss out on HALLOWEEN FUN FOR YOUR LITTLE ONE! For Ages 5 and up on Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013, 2 to 3:30 p.m. Get into the spooky spirit by making fun Halloween crafts! Take home fun decorations and enjoy them for years to come! Go to arts.darien.org or call (203)655-8683 to register." -- from an event listing on Darien Patch
- Do the Time Warp at the Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk. Dress up and join a live cast who will act out “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” while the campy cult-classic plays on the IMAX screen, [Saturday] Oct. 26, 2013 at 9 p.m. at the Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk.
- "Join us at The Hairy Barker on Sunday, Oct. 27, at 11 a.m. Bring your kids and your four-legged best friend. Parade with us to Chunky Pam's Sweet Shop. We have prizes for best two legged and best four legged costumes. Every registered entrant will get a good bag full of treats. Details in the flyer include a request for a $1 donation to the Darien Depot and a new or used toy for shelter dogs" -- an announcement on Darien Patch
- Another haunted house in Darien! "The Youth Group of St. John Church in Darien (located at 1986 Post Rd.) will be hosting their annual haunted house on Sunday, Oct. 27, from 6:30 p.m. to 8 pm. Admission is free and open to the public. We hope that you can join us for a fun time!" -- an announcement on Darien Patch
- "Get your Halloween Costumes ready! The Post 53 Annual Haunted House is [Sunday] Oct. 27 from 3 to 5. You can test your fears in the Haunted House, fetch candy in a Haystack, and enjoy some fun arts and crafts. And the best part: it’s free! Put it in your calendars for this weekend and come support Post 53!" -- an announcement on Darien Patch
- Take the Maritime Aquarium's Marine Life Study Cruise in Norwalk Harbor on Saturday at 1 p.m., the last one of the year: "Cruise out for close encounters with crabs, fish, lobsters and always a few surprises when you come aboard the research vessel Oceanic. [...] Aquarium educators put participants to work in collecting and examining animals. [...] Tickets are $20.50, or $18.50 for Aquarium members. Maritime Aquarium Study Cruises are good for ages 8 and older. Space on the Oceanic is limited so advance reservations are strongly recommended. Walk-up tickets will be sold, space permitting. [...] Purchase tickets or get more details at www.maritimeaquarium.org or (203)852-0700, ext. 2206."
- "As part of an ongoing effort to prevent identity theft in the community, Bankwell in New Canaan is providing free on-site shredding services at the Bank’s 208 Elm St. branch on Saturday, Oct. 26, from 9 a.m. until noon." -- from an announcement on Darien Patch
* * *
Traveling on I-95? Concerned about traffic? Here are links to the Connnecticut Department of Transportation traffic cams (“SB” means southbound; “NB” means northbound):