The following information was provided by the :
TUESDAY, JULY 12
- Brush fire: The was called to a brush fire at the intersection of Noroton Ave. and Clock Ave. around 11:24 a.m. The blaze began in a transformer and spread to neighboring grass, firefighters determined.
- Fire alarm: The , NFD, and were called to a fire alarm activation at 23 Goodwives River Rd. around 12:55 p.m. The cause was determined to be burnt food.
- Smoke from manhole: The DFD was called to a report of smoke coming from a manhole at 127 West Ave. around 2:14 p.m. The cause was determined to be underground wires burning.
- Rescue: The NHF was called to 40 Heights Rd. around 3:25 p.m. to rescue a person stuck in an elevator.
THURSDAY, JULY 14
- Fire alarm: The DFD, NFD, and NHFD were called to a fire alarm activation at the Andrew Shaw Memorial Cabin (140 West Ave.) around 3:08 p.m. Firefighters determined that the alarm had been tripped by contractors on the scene.
FRIDAY, JULY 15
- Motor vehicle accident: The NFD was called to a motor vehicle accident/injury at the intersection of Hollow Tree Ridge Road and Post Road around 9:14 a.m.
- Structure fire: The DFD, NFD, and NHFD were called to a structure fire at the Noroton Heights (72 Edgerton St.) around 1:52 p.m. After extinguishing the blaze, fire officials determined that it had begun when a pile of mulch on the side of the building caught fire and flames spread to the bank. No injuries were reported.
SATURDAY, JULY 16
- Fire alarm: The DFD was called to a fire alarm activation at 10 Tokeneke Trl. around 9:03 a.m. The cause was determined to be burnt food.
- Brush fire: The NHF was called to a brush fire near the intersection of Hollow Tree Ridge Road and Ox Ridge Lane around 2:37 p.m. Fire officials determined that the blaze had been sparked by a set of downed power lines.
- Fire alarms: The DFD was called to two separate fire alarm activations at 2 Fox Hill Ln. within an hour of each other: the first at 3:00 p.m., the second at 3:59 p.m. Both were set off by contractors on scene, firefighters determined.
SUNDAY, JULY 17
- Dumpster fire: The NFD was called on to extinguish a dumpster fire at around 9:14 a.m.
- Smoke scare: The DFD was called to a smoke scare at 22 Wakeman Rd. around 12:38 p.m. The cause was determined to be food left in a hot oven; no actual fire was found.
- Carbon monoxide alarm: The NHF was called to a carbon monoxide alarm activation at 15 Sunnyside Ave. around 1:31 p.m. The source of the gas was determined to be a malfunctioning hot water heater.
- Smoke scare: The DFD was called to a smoke scare at Global Pet Foods (25 Old Kings Hwy. N) around 2:15 p.m. The source of the smoke was determined to be a stuck HVAC belt.
From July 11-17, Darien's fire departments were also called to:
- 4 canceled fire alarms
- 1 malfunctioning fire alarm
- 1 false alarm