The Town of Darien Department of Public Works will pick up leaves according to the schedule below.
Pick-up # 1: Monday, November 5, 2012, North of Railroad Tracks; and,
Wednesday, November 7, 2012, South of Railroad Tracks.
Pick-up # 2: Monday, November 19, 2012, North of Railroad Tracks; and,
Wednesday, November 21, 2012, South of Railroad Tracks.
Pick-up # 3: Monday, December 3, 2012, North of Railroad Tracks; and, Wednesday, December 5, 2012, South of Railroad Tracks.
Please note the following important reminders:
- Leaves will only be picked up if bagged and the bag must be clearly marked “100% Biodegradable” and made of paper. Loose leaves or leaves in plastic bags will not be collected. Please check your local hardware store and supermarket for availability.
- Bags must contain only leaves. Bags containing brush, grass clippings, garbage, or other material will not be collected.
- Residents are not required to participate in the town leaf pickup. Residents are encouraged to compost leaves on their property.
- Dates listed are start dates. Bagged leaves should be at the curb by 7:00 AM on the first morning of the date listed.
- Once leaves have been collected, no return trips will be made until the next scheduled pick-up.
- Leaves will be collected on public roads only. Residents of private roads should make their own arrangements for leaf collection.
The above schedule is subject to minor variations due to the volume of leaves encountered, snow storms, or other. No other information will be available regarding specific leaf pick-up times. Please be patient.
For information, call (203) 656-7346 or visit us on line at www.darienct.gov.